Since 1958, St. John Catholic the Evangelist School has been providing an enriching academic and spiritual foundation for generations of area children. The Catholic Sisters of the Order of Resurrection opened the doors of the first Catholic School in Bay County in our quiet residential neighborhood, two blocks from historic St. Andrews and the beautiful St. Andrews Bay. The Sisters laid the foundation for a comprehensive educational program that includes authentic school and real-life experiences; recognition of individual talents; the acquisition of essential skills, concepts and knowledge; and a challenging curriculum that focuses on the physical, social, and emotional needs of the students.
Today, St. John has a growing enrollment and accepts students in grades Pre-K3 through grade 8. Our small classroom sizes ensure safe, personalized, learning environments with opportunities for enrichment. Our campus provides an art room, media center, technology lab, science lab, S.T.R.E.A.M lab, music and band room. Technology is integrated throughout the school and curriculum.
Our graduates are successful in high school honors and AP programs, earn college scholarships, and enter the world ready to serve and make a difference thanks to the inspiration and dedication of the Sisters.
A 50th Anniversary Celebration was held on September 15, 2008 to recognizing the accomplishments of our staff, graduates and alumni.
At St. John the Evangelist Catholic School, we strive to become living examples of the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Roman Catholic Church in our academics, families, parishes, and community.